Last amended 01/20/2016
Technical Visitor Information Collected by PetInsurer.com
1. General browsing:
This is the information we take from each visit made to PetInsurer.com. It may consist of, but is not limited to, the technical specifics of each visit; length of time on site, connectivity and download speed, and any other Site efficiencies we can measure. The information we are referring to in this Policy will be known as “Visitor Information.” Visitor Information allows PetInsurer.com to better provide our site visitors with the best possible website experience, because it increases our knowledge of each visitor and the journey taken while on our website. During the process of gathering Visitor Information, information such as IP address, service provider, domain type and browser version may also be collected in our efforts to better understand our Site visitors. Web beacons and cookies are also forms of information we may take. These forms of tracking technology help to keep your preferences up to date for future visits, by storing partial quotations for example. They also help us to keep all information displayed relevant to the visitor.
If you wish, cookies may be turned off. This process varies by browser type, but mostly, you can find them in the settings section of your browser tab. However, keep in mind, some sites need cookies to function in the most effective manner, as would be the case with PetInsurer.com.
2. Information provided by you
In order for our insurer partners to provide you with tailored quotations, we need to disclose to our partners the information you provide us. We will also use your data for our own research and for tracking any purchased policies. By using PetInsurer.com, you agree that we may use your information in this way.
PetInsurer.com will never ask for your social security number, any bank or payment information or anything else that could compromise you financially. We do not handle the buying process for your insurance and therefore we do not keep any payment information.
3. How we use your personal information
Our policy is to protect your privacy and we will use your personal information to provide you with a quote, to resend existing quotes, to process a policy purchase, and to market additional offers, products, and services in partnership with third parties.
If you would rather us not keep you informed, then please send us an email to contact@PetInsurer.com and we will remove you from our database.
4. Website security
When you get an insurance quote, or return to a previous quotation that is stored on our website, you will see that we use industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption technology to ensure that your personal information is encrypted. Within all of our quotation pages, you will see a closed padlock at the bottom of your browser. We encrypt your data to safeguard your privacy from unauthorized access or improper use.
5. Links to other websites
Our website will provide links to other websites, which will be visible either before or after you get an insurance quotation.
6. Personal information from children
7. Texting Terms
7.1 Consent to Text Messages
By giving Compare Pet Insurance Services, Inc your consent or “Opting-In” to receiving text messages:
- You authorize Compare Pet Insurance Services, Inc, and/or our affiliates, to use autodialer or non-autodialer technology to send text messages to the cell phone number associated with your consent (for example, the number listed on the form you completed to provide us consent to receive text message, or, if none, the number from which you sent your consent to receive text messages);
- You agree that these Texting Terms apply to the receipt of text messages;
- You confirm that you are the subscriber to the relevant phone number or that you are the customary user of that phone number on a family or business plan and that you are authorized to give consent for that phone number;
- You agree to let us know if you no longer are in possession of that phone number. If you do not, Compare Pet Insurance Services, Inc, and/or our affiliates is not responsible for any text message sent to a new user of that phone number;
- You agree that you reside in the United States, and,
- Message frequency varies.
7.2 Information Contained in Texts
After consenting to the text messages from Compare Pet Insurance Services, Inc, you may receive from Compare Pet Insurance Services, Inc, and/or our affiliates, one-time, or recurring texts, related to the following activities:
- Messages may include reminders about an affiliate pet insurance quote you received;
- Messages may include requests regarding feedback regarding either your experience in getting a quote for, or purchasing, an affiliate pet insurance policy as the policy holder;
- Messages may include important information about the lapse of your policy, renewal of your policy or reactivation of your policy;
- Messages may include information about referral programs;
- Messages may include information regarding claims submitted under your policy;
- Text “HELP” for help; and,
- Message and data rates may apply.
7.3 Stopping Texts
Compare Pet Insurance Services, Inc, our affiliates and you agree that there is only one way for us to stop text messages from Compare Pet Insurance Services, Inc, and/or our affiliates: that is to reply STOP to any text you receive from Compare Pet Insurance Services, Inc, and/or our affiliates. While that STOP will stop further text messages relating to the information above, the STOP may generate a confirmation text regarding your request to stop receiving text messages.
If you have enrolled your phone number multiple times with Compare Pet Insurance Services, Inc, and/or our affiliates for different types of text message information, a STOP message may need to be sent for each program to completely stop receiving each type of text messages from Compare Pet Insurance Services, Inc, and/or our affiliates. For instance, if you elected to receive information regarding topics related to claims or customer service, you will need to provide a separate STOP for that information.